Jagdhof hiking hotel
Hiking around the DolceVita Hotel Jagdhof
If wanderlust has a name, then it’s the Pirhofers. The Jagdhof hiking hotel is designed for being active and hiking in the Val Venosta region. For example, it starts with Martin ‘Piri’, the head of the hiking hotel, champing at the bit early in the morning and animating the guests to make an early start with his many jokes, because ‘there is more than enough Dolce Vita for afterwards’.
Martin – the boss of the Jagdhof hiking hotel – knows the mountains of the Val Venosta and the many hiking and summit paths like the back of his hand. Ever since he was a little boy he loved roaming the mountains and peering down into the valley from the top. Nowadays he prefers to be on tour with his guests. Sometimes relaxing on the sunny ‘Waal’ irrigation paths and gentle alpine hikes, sometimes ambitiously on higher peaks.
Explore the Val Venosta mountains
- Tours: 5 guided tours per week
- New Salewa Outdoor Shop
- High alpine hiking tours in summer (July/August) with summit highlights
- Exclusive Hiking weeks with manager Piri personally
- Active test centre: try out the latest trekking and hiking boots from LOWA and Salewa, LEKI trekking poles and Garmin GPS devices free of charge
- Free rental of a hiking rucksack (available upon arrival) for the duration of your stay
- Energy package: Energy drink in a drinking bottle and energy bar from Maxim for every hike
- Hiking map with 70 tour tips at the info point, all tours are available as GPS tracks
’We believe that talking to each other and providing individual advice is the key to success. Ultimately, over- or underchallenged hikers tend to be dissatisfied. Who wants that? We want happy guests and we do everything we can to make sure that they are,’ says the hotel manager.
Guided hikes and customised tour tips are part of the Jagdhof hiking holiday programme. And the hosts are adding an extra bonus with the hiking shop and test centre: You can rent and buy high-quality hiking and mountain equipment at the Jagdhof.